Important Voter Notification
When voting on an ExpressVote machine, only select the large box corresponding to your party/candidate choice. Voters do not need to make their selection in the smaller box found in the top left corner of each larger candidate box.
Voter Registration Information
Last day to register for General Election: October 10, 2023
There are four ways for Kentucky voters to cast their ballot:
Mail-in Absentee Ballot – Saturday, September 23rd, 2023 – online mail-in absentee request portal to open (45 days before election)
Tuesday, October 24th, 2023 – online mail-in absentee request portal to close (14 days before the election) at 11:50PM
Ballots for the November 2023 General may be returned by mail, or to the secure drop box located inside the County Clerk’s Office during normal business hours of 8:00 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday. Ballots must be received in the clerk’s office by November 7th at 6:00pm.
In-Person Excuse Absentee – October 25th, 26th, 27th, 30th, 31st, and November 1st, 2023
In-Person No Excuse Absentee – November 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, 2023
Election Day – November 7th, 2023
To register to vote go to elect.ky.gov
Military or Overseas Voters
The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) created special provisions for absent uniformed services and overseas citizens to vote by mail in primary, general, and special elections for federal offices; and to allow these individuals to use a federal write-in absentee ballot (FWAB) in the general election for federal offices.
To learn if you qualify and more please visit: elect.ky.gov/Voters/Pages/Military-or-Overseas-Voters.aspx
Absentee & Early Voting Information
Mail-In Absentee September 23rd— October 24th, 2023
Ballots may be requested by:
govote.ky.gov or calling the Clerk’s Office at (606) 663-6444. Ballots may be returned by mail or brought to the Clerk’s Office and placed in the drop box located inside the Clerk’s Office.
In-Person Excused Absentee Voting October 25th, 26th, 27th, 30th, 31st, and November 1st, 2023 8:00am—4:00pm in the Clerk’s Office
Eligibility Requirements for Excused Voting are:
•Student who resides temporarily outside of his/her county
• Voter or voters spouse who has surgery/hospitalization scheduled during Early Voting & Election Day
• Member of the Armed Forces or dependent
• KY Voter who is a uniformed service voter confined to a military base
• In last trimester of pregnancy
• Voter who temporarily resides outside the state but is still eligible to vote in KY
• Age, Disability or Illness
• Voter who is employed and scheduled to work/commute during all no excuse voting.
3 Day Early Voting
November 2nd – 9:00am-5:00pm
November 3rd – 9:00am-5:00pm
November 4th – 9:00am-5:00pm
This can be done at the Clerk’s Office.
Election Day November 7th, 2023 6:00am-6:00pm
*Voters may cast their ballots at any of the 4 locations listed below regardless of address*
- Bowen Elementary Gym – Address: 5099 Campton Rd, Stanton, KY 40380
- Powell County High School Cafeteria – Address: 700 W College Ave, Stanton, KY 40380
- Clay City Elementary (Gym or Cafeteria) – Address: 4901 Main St, Clay City, KY 40312
- Clay City First Church of God – Address: 4200 Main St., Clay City, KY 40312